Bachelor’s in International Communication and Business
Your recipe for a successful career on the global market
Due to increasing digitalisation, the international economy is undergoing constant change. This creates entirely new and diverse career fields, in both offline and online contexts. With its diverse and innovative programme content, the Bachelor’s degree programme in International Communication and Business prepares you perfectly for your entry into the global economy.
During this 7-semester degree programme, you will acquire knowledge in international business administration and international relations for a comprehensive understanding of global economic relationships. You will combine this knowledge with intercultural competence and three languages for corporate communication on an international level. You will improve your skills in a practical training semester abroad and through projects in an intercultural context.
Benefits for you
Business administration and international relations – with a focus on communication
Hands-on – lecturers and professors from the business world, many business cooperations
Global – internship abroad integrated in the programme
Multilingual – with two foreign languages in the programme
International – students, lecturers and partner universities from all around the world
Personal – close professional relationship with professors and lecturers
Study and work – 3-day university compatible with a part-time job
Future-oriented – diverse career prospects for graduates
As Programme Director, I am always very happy to see the progress the students make during their studies and how they gradually find their focus of interest. It is great to see how they eventually become self-confident and successful professionals in a wide variety of fields or even start their own businesses! From Munich to South Africa, be it in project management, marketing, HR or in a speaker role: This variety is impressive and always makes me proud!
Key facts at a glance
Bachelor of Arts (BA)
European Credit Transfer System
210 Credit Points
7 semesters full-time on three days a week (incl. Bachelor’s thesis)
State-recognised and accredited
English and one additional language (German, Spanish, Chinese)
Practical training semester
- Internship abroad for German students
- Internship in Germany or abroad for foreign students
This degree programme is right for you ...
- if you want a wide range of programme content so that you can start your professional career abroad or in an international company in Germany right after completing your studies.
- If you were raised multilingually, enjoy interacting with people from different backgrounds and are looking for a degree programme that reflects this intercultural identity.
- if you are interested in international business administration beyond mathematical formulas.
- if you are interested in international relations.
- if you are aiming to specialise in a Master’s degree programme and would like to develop a wide, professional knowledge base beforehand. In this case, the Master's degree programme in Intercultural Communication, Digital Media Manager or International Sales Management at the International University SDI München could be excellent future prospects for you.
Perfect conditions for starting your professional career
With a Bachelor's degree in International Communication and Business you are set to start a career in an international company. You will be qualified to work well in intercultural teams. Thus, this degree programme prepares you perfectly for working on the global market, both in companies and in NGOs and NPOs. You can look forward to interesting jobs – from international offline and online marketing to global project management to corporate communications.
With your Bachelor’s degree you can also start a Master's degree programme in the fields of business and/or communication, such as the Master's degree programmes in Intercultural Communication, as Digital Media Manager or in International Sales Management at the International University SDI München.
Learning different foreign languages and still gaining business management know-how – these great opportunities are offered in this degree programme. The lecturers work successfully in the private sector and are native speakers of the respective foreign languages. This prepared me in the best way possible for professional life and for my job as a project manager. I highly recommend this Bachelor's degree programme and the International University SDI München!
Frequently asked questions and answers
The following language skills are required for this degree programme:
- German or English: B2 competence level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- No previous knowledge is required for the compulsory elective foreign language (Spanish, German or Chinese).
If you acquired your university entrance qualification in Germany, your qualification serves as proof of the required language skills.
Our Student Advisory Service is happy to advise you on this.
Yes, for the internship abroad you can choose the country whose language and culture you are most interested in. Of course, you can also choose the industry and occupation you would like to work in. The University maintains partnerships and contacts with companies in many countries and can support you in your decision.
You can spend an additional semester abroad at one of our partner universities if you also want to study abroad in addition to studying at the SDI.
Degree programmes at the International University SDI München are designed as a 3-day university. You will attend seminars and lectures three days a week and have two days off to work either at the SDI as a student assistant or at a company.
Since degree programmes are designed as a 3-day university, you are free to work on two days a week (in addition to the periods with no lectures). You will also acquire some of the programme content yourself, of course with the support of digital tools and media. This makes it easy to combine studying and working.
Our lecturers will help you find internships, jobs as working students and Master’s theses with practical relevance. Since the lecturers and the university have a wide network of contacts, current requirements of the job market are continuously incorporated into the programme content.
In addition, our students can find out about the latest job advertisements and internships at the Career Center.
Graduates of the International Communication and Business degree programme work in various industries and career fields, as the programme covers a very wide range of content. Our graduates work in various regions of the world in the following positions:
- Trade advisor, Bogotá
- HR business partner, Munich
- Recruiting / HR development, Munich
- Front-end developer, Berlin
- Digital marketing executive, Bristol
- Accountant pharmaceutical industry, Barcelona
- Key-account manager, Kassel
- Digital marketing & content manager, South Africa
Our graduates work in various institutions and companies, including NGOs and NPOs, and even start their own businesses.