General Information

What our students say

Max (first-year student in the Vocational College)
“Since our teachers are native speakers, we learn more than languages. We also learn a lot about other cultures and intercultural differences. That makes for an authentic learning environment!”

Do you have any questions?

QualificationState-certified multilingual administrative assistant
DurationTwo-years of full-time study (one year for applicants who have prior knowledge of two foreign languages)
Target groupSchool-leavers who have well-developed language skills in their native language and who are interested in foreign languages and other countries and cultures
Requirements for admissionA diploma from a secondary school, such as Mittlere Reife. Diplomas from countries other than Germany must be approved by the Office for Certificate Recognition. International applicants must show proof of sufficient proficiency in German.
First foreign language

The main language of instruction is German. Students will receive intensive instruction in their first foreign language and a specialty subject.

  • English and French for students with prior knowledge
  • Italian and Spanish for beginners
Specialty subjects
  • Economics (offered in all languages) or
  • Engineering (only offered in English)
Second foreign language

Students learn a second foreign language in addition to their first foreign language.

  • English for students with prior knowledge
  • French for beginners or for students with prior knowledge
  • Spanish, Italian and Russian for beginners

The second foreign language requirement can be waived for students whose native language is neither German nor their first foreign language.

Opportunities for further qualification

After passing the Bavarian State Exam for Multilingual Administrative Assistants, you can study for an additional year to bring your second foreign language up to the level of an additional first foreign language.

Graduates of the Vocational College for Language Careers (BFS) can be admitted to the Professional College of Translation and Interpreting (FAK) without having a university entrance qualification (Abitur). After passing the Bavarian State Exam for Translators, they can earn a Bachelor’s degree at the SDI. Alternatively, they can apply to study at a university after completing three years of full-time professional work. (See University admissions for graduates of BFS or FAK.)